These chocolate elephants were made for a 40th birthday where the all the birthday boy wanted was to save an elephant! They guests presented him with adoption papers for a herd of elephants..... what a fantastic guy!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
1.) What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Rule-follower (does that count as one word?)
2.) What are you most passionate about?
My Jesus, my favorite people who I am so super lucky to call my family and the most glorious indulgence on this earth... food.
3.) What is your dream job?
I'm going to have to go with the occupation of Princess. I mean really, what kind of girl doesn't want to be a princess?! On a more serious note, something that involves food (my favorite part of life), makes other people giddy happy, and pulls on my heartstrings every morning.
4.) What was your favorite part interning at The Sugar Suite?
The intimate family-like working atmosphere and our weekly Tuesday morning meetings
5.) What is your favorite sweet? What is your favorite cake flavor at The Sugar Suite and why?
Decadent crispy waffle cones filled to the brim with rich chocolate gelato... Mmmmm...
Hands down the Mint chocolate cake- Woah, so good!! because It felt like the never-ending Girl Scout cookie! And thank goodness I didn't actually try it until my last day or I may have doubled in size had that glorious flavor combination entered my life any sooner during my time at The Sugar Suite.
6.) What is something you wish all future employers could know about you, they might not learn in an interview?
That I get a sure thrill out of feeling as if I am part of something bigger than my own strengths, that I can contribute to a team that is passionate and thorough in their field.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Here is a little bit more about who we think will be a good fit:
- A candidate with a minimum of 2 years of professional baking experience
- A candidate that is interested in working part time (12-24 hours a week, Monday & Tuesday)
- A positive, passionate and self starting individual!
We want to truly get to know each candidate so we created the following questionnaire.
- Why did you get into this industry?
- What is your dream job?
- What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
- What are you passionate about? (multiple answers are fine)
- Would you or anyone you know consider you a “perfectionist?”
- What is something you want a future employer to know about you that isn’t always expressed in interviews?
- In your opinion, what is the most important attribute a candidate must have for this position?